The Official Forums of Phantom Games Development
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Moving Ahead
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello folks!

I'm sure some of you may have noticed the "re-arrange" of the boards that occurred today, I'll have a news post detailing this in the coming week or two but this post is going to be talking about PGD Survival, as it was announced a few days back that this project is going to be getting a "facelift" once Torque 3D 4.0 releases.

As many of you are aware, PGD Survival was the "tech demo" for the Multiplayer Assembly Package, featuring most of the systems we developed for MAP in a zombie survival gameplay setting. While the systems worked great, some of the gameplay mechanics were left untouched unfortunately. This is going to be changing.

Once 4.0 releases, PGD Survival is going to be getting a complete overhaul to the gameplay featuring the new engine updates as well as the new update of MAP which will be released a few months following the 4.0 update. The goal here is to produce a game project that actually feels like a game on it's own rather than a small tech demo with nothing really to do other than shoot a few zombies here and there. I'm therefore happy to announce that PGD Survival will be receiving a set of major gameplay adjustments that follow these goals:

• Enhance the Zombie AI to be more adaptive, instead of single-file-lining after their targets, they will instead use pack behavior and overwhelm mechanics to take down targets
  • Re-design the progression system for the game
  • Create a character system
  • Create a campaign setting
  • Game Modes!!!

This is quite a lot to do, but I believe this will make PGD Survival a really fun little game that you can pick up with your friends and enjoy whenever you want. So, here's the battle-plan for this following the T3D 4.0 release:

• 1. PGD Survival Patch 1.3: Introduce the new AI systems into the game, release the Blizzard map from the planned Arctic Outbreak expansion.
  • 2. Version 2.0 Release: Introduce the character system, progression system alterations.
  • 3. Version 2.1 Release: Add a campaign map, and campaign systems. This can be cooperative or solo. At this point in time, the game will be renamed to something else and will get more or less an "official" release designation.
  • 4. Arctic Outbreak DLC: Release the Arctic Outbreak DLC including new weapons, maps, and a brand new Survival mode
  • Beyond: Anything goes here!

I hope everyone is excited as I am to jump back into Torque, and I can't wait to show off some of the things I've been working on!

Support Times: M-F 10:30AM - 5:00PM (Central US Time), Offline Sat & Sun
Follow Me on Twitter
~~~~