The Official Forums of Phantom Games Development
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Email Issues
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Everyone,

It has been brought to my attention that some of the emails that were being sent containing the new keys for PPS 3.0 are not being received. I have checked the server however and can confirm that all of the emails have been sent out to everyone successfully. So here are some things to check:

1. Make sure to validate that PGD's sales account (sales@phantomdev.net) is not on your spam list, and if it is, to whitelist that address to ensure that all communications from the sales email are reaching you.

2. Check your junk mail folder! Some of our emails that you may think are "lost" can actually be treated as junk mail by some email filters due to the way we send it. You'll want to make sure that it didn't end up in there.

3. As an extension to #2, some email services just direct junk mail to the trash folder, so you'll want to look there too. The new keys were sent on 11/23 around 12PM - 3PM Central US Time.

If you're still having issues, post here and provide me with the email address you used on your account as well as the email you were using before on the old system and I'll do a more in-depth check for you.

Support Times: M-F 10:30AM - 5:00PM (Central US Time), Offline Sat & Sun
Follow Me on Twitter
~~~~

Post subject: Re: Email Issues
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:47 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Robert Fritzen wrote:
Hello Everyone,

It has been brought to my attention that some of the emails that were being sent containing the new keys for PPS 3.0 are not being received. I have checked the server however and can confirm that all of the emails have been sent out to everyone successfully. So here are some things to check:

1. Make sure to validate that PGD's sales account (sales@phantomdev.net) is not on your spam list, and if it is, to whitelist that address to ensure that all communications from the sales email are reaching you.

2. Check your junk mail folder! Some of our emails that you may think are "lost" can actually be treated as junk mail by some email filters due to the way we send it. You'll want to make sure that it didn't end up in there.

3. As an extension to #2, some email services just direct junk mail to the trash folder, so you'll want to look there too. The new keys were sent on 11/23 around 12PM - 3PM Central US Time.

If you're still having issues, post here and provide me with the email address you used on your account as well as the email you were using before on the old system and I'll do a more in-depth check for you.

I've heard that some EMail providers may outright reject EMails from third party servers, like the one at Phantomdev.net if you're dispatching EMails from your own server, Robert. I believe this mostly applied to Hotmail, pretty sure GMail and others should be fine. Though I'm not really sure what type of confirmation you get when an EMail is sent (Ie: Whether or not the receiving server sends back a message indicating that it accepted and processed it, etc)

Post subject: Re: Email Issues
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liukcairo wrote:
Robert Fritzen wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I've heard that some EMail providers may outright reject EMails from third party servers, like the one at Phantomdev.net if you're dispatching EMails from your own server, Robert. I believe this mostly applied to Hotmail, pretty sure GMail and others should be fine. Though I'm not really sure what type of confirmation you get when an EMail is sent (Ie: Whether or not the receiving server sends back a message indicating that it accepted and processed it, etc)

I believe I'd get a failed delivery notice on the server if something didn't get to someone. And I didn't catch any of those. I also checked the logs and apparently they all got delivered fine. What happened afterwards is likely on the server end.

I wrote the new system with some admin tools built in to let me fix these issues manually if I need to, so at least I will be able to resolve problems if any arise.

Support Times: M-F 10:30AM - 5:00PM (Central US Time), Offline Sat & Sun
Follow Me on Twitter
~~~~