The Official Forums of Phantom Games Development
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: PGD News: June 11, 2013
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Everyone,

With the open work schedule now in effect, I have decided to start going back to my old forums informational posting sessions. So, let's get to the latest info for PGD.

First on deck, is the release of the Dynamic Weather Pack for Torque 3D. For those of you who don't know much about it, this pack adds some new environmental features to Torque 3D as well as updating some of the cloud features already present in the engine. This pack costs $10 alone, or for those deal hunters, you can get both DWP and our first pack, MAP for $25.

Next up, is some updates to Tactical Uprising 1. I'm currently working on some of the art assets for the game, just enough needed ones to get to a point where I can finish making the multiplayer beta. The beta should feature a few extra weapons than what I originally planned which will be an added bonus for people looking for a few extra things to shoot with in the beta. I have no estimates on it right now, but I thought I'd share some of the goodies.

Pre-Skinned TP AK-47 Model

Early RPG-7 Model

Next on the list of news items is the progress on Legacies, that game I announced back before leaving UIUC. I've finished up most of the internal engine coding for the project, with a few file system things remaining on the agenda. Using some of the work I have done for Tactical Uprising, I plan on getting some kind of basic player model into T3D sometime by the end of this week or early next week to begin the work on testing models. From there, it will be a lot of model animating for each of the individual powers, some fun SFX coding, and then getting the balancing right. More details regarding all of this to come soon.

Lastly, I'm still looking for some people who want to join PGD. I'm mainly looking for modelers/skinners who want to help out with these projects, but if you're experienced in scripting to code up internal game systems that can be easily modified by us (patching, game balance purposes), I'd be interested as well. If you're at all interested in helping out with these projects of mine, feel free to send me a PM or shoot me an email. We don't have anything to offer in the form of compensation at the time other than giving you some web space here, name in the credits, free access to our packs, ect.

Support Times: M-F 10:30AM - 5:00PM (Central US Time), Offline Sat & Sun
Follow Me on Twitter
~~~~