Phantom Games Development

The Official Forums of Phantom Games Development
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: PGD News: July 14, 2013
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Everyone, and welcome back to another monthly edition of PGD News.

I'm going to dive right into two of our big headlines.

1. PGD Livestream tomorrow night (7-15-2013) at 8:00PM CDT. The topic of which will be a Q&A session for Legacies, and an informational segment on the current direction of Phantom Games Development, as well as the coming work in the next few months.

2. You may have noticed the donation bar appear at the bottom. This is sort of my "worst case scenario" provided I do not find $190 to pay for the website come October 3. I'm currently looking for work in my field and expect to have some form of job outside of PGD within the next month or two. My first $190 will be saved for website upkeep. If you want to ensure that this website stays functional, feel free to donate to the cause. I'm not requiring, and I'm certainly not asking anyone. Just feel free to if you want to. Also, ALL revenue generated by pack sales and PGD Point sales will go directly to the website upkeep until the $190 is broken.

Alright, headlines... thou art done!

Now onto the goods.

First and foremost is of course our next project, Legacies. Official development on the project is now underway with some additions to the website for the support of the in-game monetary PGD Points added (I'll go into full detail on this system tomorrow). I do not have any in-game screenshots to show yet as all of the work so far has been in the internal game systems. Those are about 55% - 60% completed. As for the game itself, I anticipate about 3 - 5 weeks of full time development will be needed to build the game with the nearing completion of these new systems. Once development is complete, a closed beta will be released for debugging purposes followed by the release of the game shortly there-after. As mentioned in the wiki, a selection for testers will be handled soon, you might just want to be on the livestream tomorrow night if interested (hint hint).

For those of you interested in pre-buying PGD Points for Legacies, I will be activating the system within the next week. Please tune into the livestream tomorrow night when I provide a list of the purchasable items as well as explain how the system works so you aren't confused. Anyone who pre-buys points will receive an automatic entry to the closed beta and I will give you a special forum color title of your choosing for your support. (remember, all revenue until $190 goes to upkeep)

Next is an update to the Multiplayer Assembly Package. A major version update including a PHP solution master server is currently in the process of testing/debugging. I'm estimating about 2-3 weeks to fully iron out the issues in the system. Once this is complete, a pack update will be released. Owners of MAP will receive this update for free. People who do not own MAP will have two options. First is to pay for MAP at $25 (a $5 increase in the price) or purchase the PHP Replacement Solution for $10 which comes with the cURL T3D implementation class separately. As others may know, the Dynamic Weather Pack has been reduced in price to $5 due to no sales. I will be providing a much more in depth informational page and demo in the next few weeks.

Lastly on the ironing block of news is PGD Survival. A version update patch will be released to address an issue with not being able to play offline (due to an annoying news gui that won't die when it needs to), and then a second one when the replacement master server is implemented into the PGD Survival client.

Until next time!

Support Times: M-F 10:30AM - 5:00PM (Central US Time), Offline Sat & Sun
Follow Me on Twitter
~~~~