The Official Forums of Phantom Games Development
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: T3D Mini-Games Month
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Phantom Games Community,

I've got a quick little news update for everyone. With October coming around the corner quickly (yeah, it's tomorrow...), I think it's time for a monthly update.

First of all, October is pretty much booked for Legacies in terms of where we stand on our work. The plan is to have a developer alpha test commence some time by the end of this week which will feature pretty much all of the standard necessities for gameplay specific work (IE: All game modes, base powers, guis, ect.) with all work beyond leading up to the release of the Legacies beta on Friday, October 18.

The initial release of the beta will feature all of the game's powers, sub powers, and four of the five game modes (Survival is going to be released probably a week after launch). There will be no AI in the initial release as the purpose is to get people in-game to test the gameplay and start reporting bugs and errors that need to be addressed by us. I'm looking to have the AI activated by the end of the first week (before the Survival gamemode launches).

This will conclude our work schedule one purpose mode for the month of October as we begin to transition into a few other things. My goal is pretty much to get Legacies to a stable and as bug-free release quickly and smoothly so I can hand over patches and game tweaking to our Multiplayer Director, Minehem. I will still be in charge of the general direction that Legacies follows, but I'm just going to place a lighter work load on myself to tackle the new project for Phantom Games Development.

That comes in November in the form of Mini-Games Month. Mini-Games Month will be my input to the PGD/GG Community Initiative in which I will speed at most 3-5 days developing small multiplayer games that can be enjoyed by small groups of people (IE: 2 - 6 player games) and these will generally come in the form of personal favorite board games with a Torque based twist to make it more entertaining. Here's how this is going to work.

It will start with a main game executable (all of the mini-games will be accessible from there), each person will be able to create their account and for the first time, they will be required to link it with their forums account here (basically imposing a little account limit per say). From there, players will be able to use PGD Points (the system for the PGD Store) to buy little mini-games from the store to enjoy with other people (These will generally fall in the $2 - $5 range). This will be a nice little campaign of sorts to help PGD raise a little bit of money to help push the way into some small future projects as well. My goal is also to have the PGD Store for Legacies activated sometime in November as well, so this will sort of be our beta test for the system before launching the main one for Legacies.

All in all, we've got a big month ahead in October and hopefully a more enjoyable and event filled one for November, and I've also got something "special" planned for December that will be announced then, and here's a hint, if you're already becoming impatient waiting for the Halloween Event, I'm pretty much going to go all out in this form for my little December treat, it should be a blast.

Until Next Time!
~Phantom139

Support Times: M-F 10:30AM - 5:00PM (Central US Time), Offline Sat & Sun
Follow Me on Twitter
~~~~