Phantom Games Development

The Official Forums of Phantom Games Development
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello,

We are still looking for prospective community members who want to take an active role of leadership in the development of Phantom Games Development's Community. These positions known as Community Moderators are meant to help us get our message across to the community and to get the response of the community back to us.

I. What is a Community Moderator?
A Community moderator is quite exactly what the name suggests, an administrative role meant to help us keep our social rules in place, and to help build and manage a prospective growing community. ComMod's are basically hand selected members of the community (we pick them from an application process) who help us (the development team) keep our gaming environment a positive and entertaining one. Community Moderators are also the voice of the community, running events to invite players to the community, as well as granting some fun experiences to the current members of the community.

II. Who can be a Community Moderator?
Anyone may apply to the community moderator team, however we will hand select our ComMods through means of an application and interview process. We are looking for people with prior leadership experience and roles in community development. Ideally, if you are part of a gaming community moderation or administration team with a prior good record of standing in the community, you're in great position to take this role. However, don't let this discourage you from applying if you do not have this experience. PGD Believes in providing and developing this experience in people, so apply even if you don't have the experience, we will gladly help you obtain these credentials through work experience.

III. What are the Perks?
Community Moderators have a consistent and constant connection with the development team, basically put, community moderators will be our go to people to test our latest additions and patches to the game. They will also have access to all betas and full releases to all three planned Tactical Uprising Games, free of charge. (The full game will probably be around $20 - $25 USD). You will also gain experience and credentials in community development and "people" management, work skills that are almost necessary in any job, having also worked with us, I'm sure we can find some additional goodies to give you for being a part of our team. Do note that this is strictly volunteer work. We won't be paying you to work this position, but the benefits and fun experiences you will get out of further enjoying our projects should more than compensate for this.

IV. What are the Job Requirements?
As mentioned before, you need to have good communication skills to be able to reach out to the community member (players). Even though this is meant to be a position of fun, you also must remember, that we are counting on you to be the enforcers of the game's rules, so some skills in properly handling punishment and proper enforcement of the rules is a must. We do not believe in arrogance or self-centered agendas, so don't even think about it. Also mentioned earlier, are the events. You will be required (At the approval of a staff member), to put on at least one community event every year. You will not be limited in the amount you give, and some exceptions can be made if necessary (I can discuss these with you if you need me to).

V. How Do I Apply?
You can apply by completing the application below, and sending it either by PM or Email to a developer (go to the forum index, and select the PGD Staff group, and select any of them to send it to. They will all get to me at some point, but any of our staff members will gladly read your application). From there, just keep an eye on your email (or PM inbox) for one of us to reply back to you on your application.

VI. When do I start?
Although development of our project is currently moving slowly (due to my college schedule), you will start working right away, as we have a closed beta in process. You will immediately be granted access to the beta, and will be asked to help us beta test the game and patches we release.

VII. Where can I get more information regarding the position, and the rules that I will be serving?
The game's rules follow PGD's standard registration agreement, so read that to get a basis of the rules. You may also contact me directly (by PM or email [phantom139@phantomdev.net]) and I will be happy to go over that information with you. I always encourage applicants to ask questions and to get to know the developers, it's the best way for us to get to know you, and the more we know you, the more likely we are to say YES!

-----------------------------
Community Moderator Application
Code:
Please complete the following form below, and either email or PM a staff member.
** General Form Information
* Please only submit one application.
* If you have made an error in your application, contact the staff member you sent it to ASAP with the change to your application and the reason to correct it (if it's a simple typo that won't be necessary).
* Complete the form to your best knowledge, if you do not have that information, use N/A or Unknown.
* Be truthful in the information you post, remember, there IS an interview process to this, so keep your credentials and details truthful.
* FOR STAFF MEMBERS ONLY
** Please email this to phantom139@phantomdev.net after reviewing the application, complete the below.
** Please use the subject line: [CMA] Name OF Applicant
* Date Received (PM/Email):
* Date Reviewed:
* Initial Stance: [Short Descriptive message on your thoughts of the applicant]
*** Application
* I. Applicant's Personal Information
First and Last Name:
Date of Birth (yy/mm/dd):
Email Account:
Xfire/Skype/AIM/ect: (You may use multiple lines, please denote the username and the associated program), If you do not have any of these please obtain one as we use IRC/IM to communicate frequently.
Highest Education Completed: (denote a grade year or certificate [IE: GED, HS Diploma, A.D., B.D, ect.])

* II. Applicant's Prior Experiences
How many months/years of forums management/moderation do you have?
* If any, please provide your administrator's information so we may contact them.
* if you ARE the administrator, provide some more information regarding your management experience.
How many months/years of in-game moderation/administration do you have?
* If any, please provide the game & server information, as well as the host's name so we may contact them for information about you.
How many social networks are you a part of?
* Do you have any friends or followers to whom you communicate with but don't know personally?
Do you have any leadership experience? If so, provide a short description of your experience?
Do you have any other experiences you would like to share with us?
* Please don't be afraid to share any other experiences, we want to see leadership experience and the more you have, the better!

* III. The Interview
* We ask that you provide a list of dates and times out to 2-3 weeks that would work for you to have an interview with one of our staff members, if you need to reschedule your interview or for some reason can no longer make your appointed time, please email the staff member and explain why you cannot make the interview. We are very flexible and lenient here, as this is just for us to better get to know you. We would like to have a voice chat via XFire or Skype, however we are more than willing to have a plain old IRC chat with you if you would rather do it that way, please state your preference in this application if you have any.
* Date & Time of Interview:
* Preferred Contact Method:

* IV: Final Notes
* As always, we encourage anyone to apply for this position. Even if you are not accepted the first time, do not be discouraged, you are allowed to re-apply for the position 1 week after notification of your turn-down. We will not state the reason for this, but it will usually be obvious to you through the interview. This is meant to be a position of exciting experiences anyways, so your likelihood of being denied is minimal anyways, unless we are overstaffed. Please ask questions regarding the application and the position at any time via email or during the interview, we are more than willing to provide job details and descriptions to you at any time, so just ask!

Support Times: M-F 10:30AM - 5:00PM (Central US Time), Offline Sat & Sun
Follow Me on Twitter
~~~~

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

With the release of PGD Survival completed, I will be looking more in depth for people to take these roles, please read above and fill out an application if interested!

Support Times: M-F 10:30AM - 5:00PM (Central US Time), Offline Sat & Sun
Follow Me on Twitter
~~~~

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]