Phantom Games Development

The Official Forums of Phantom Games Development
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Welcome to 2014!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome one and all to the year of 2014!

I've got a little bit of news to update the folks of PGD.

1) First and foremost my "seasonal" job has turned into more of a "part-time" position, which will open up some hours of programming availability for me. This will allow for some projects put on hold since last October to be brought back into the light of development, I'm still looking for anyone who might be interested in joining our team (C++ / Torque knowledge needed) to help with two - three projects that are coming back into activity.

2) Galactic Engine: I've got some new information regarding my little in-house project/experiment. There hasn't been much movement in terms of work on this yet since I've been so busy. The tricky part is going to be hunting down some good OpenGL examples to start pushing this forward. Currently the work I've done on this is pretty basic in terms of getting the program itself initialized and rendering the program window. There's some keyboard controls in it and a few background objects/functions running in place, but other than that, this one's not really moving anywhere until I figure out the rendering.

3) Legacies: So.. with that on hold currently, Legacies is coming back! Yeah, that project introduced last year for Torque 3D? Well, now I'm going to get working on Legacies again. My hope is to finish the work I wanted to have completed last October, mainly finishing up the AI and the remaining work on the powers/animations, ect. It's not "pretty", but that's why it's still an "alpha". many things are currently assets to be changed at a later point.

4) Tribes: Another potential subject of interest has recently been brought up around the TribesNext community about a potential T2 revival project. I'm watching this closely and I might have a bit of an announcement myself in the coming weeks regarding this, we'll see how the discussion moves over there.

5) T3D Pack #3 Announcement, seeing as I'm usually "magical" at hiding pack announcements (apparently DWP went invisible for a long time), I'll see how long this one takes :)
I'm starting a third pack for Torque 3D. This one is going to be called the Advanced FPS Kit, and it's going to use some very neat features I created for the old Tactical Uprising Alpha/Beta/Whatever it was, and bring them for use in T3D MIT 3.5. They include an Advanced Radar Control, Custom Loadouts, and Game Modes for FPS games. I'll have plenty more details on this pack in the coming weeks as it moves towards a more "stable" and ready for viewing state.

All in all, we've got a more open schedule coming up at Phantom Games Development. Hopefully we can get some of these new items released to have something to show for. I'll have more news details as they arise. For the mean time, enjoy your frigid new years week (It's -18F as of me posting this here :X)

Support Times: M-F 10:30AM - 5:00PM (Central US Time), Offline Sat & Sun
Follow Me on Twitter
~~~~