Phantom Games Development

The Official Forums of Phantom Games Development
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was just informed this evening by our server host for PGD that the 24/7 PGD servers on Tribes 2 will no longer be running for repurposing reasons. I'd like to thank DarkTiger for giving us access to the two tribes 2 servers over these past 4 years and allowing our projects to have the close they needed as the T2 community slowly dwindled out.

With the T2 community coming to a close in terms of population and no sight of new players entering the community I believe this is now the time to pull out of Tribes 2. With that in mind I want to personally thank each and every one of you for all of the support over the past 13 years on Tribes 2. I can't even begin to imagine where I'd be right now without those 13 wonderful years on Tribes 2 learning how to and delivering numerous unique and exciting mods to you guys. With that in mind, my final act to the Tribes 2 community is to release all of my mods and scripts I have remaining in open source format. You are free to use these in any way you'd like.

Unfortunately to the few T2 loyals remaining, I don't see myself playing Tribes 2 anymore except for a few nostalgia moments I have as my time is likely going to be pushed off onto bigger and more important prospects into the future. I might host a server every once in a while but I don't see a PGD Official server being up again in Tribes 2.

Over the next few weeks I will phase out the remaining Tribes 2 services offered by Phantom Games Development. A backup copy will be kept on the server in the event someone would like to setup a secondary source or we decide to re-open our tribes 2 service.

So thank you all again and let's all move on to bigger prospects!

Attachments:
Tribes.zip [9.11 MiB]
Downloaded 160 times

Support Times: M-F 10:30AM - 5:00PM (Central US Time), Offline Sat & Sun
Follow Me on Twitter
~~~~