Phantom Games Development

The Official Forums of Phantom Games Development
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So, with the final release of AFPSK Completed, I have completed official Torque 3D Development with Phantom Games Development. However, we're not done with the engine completely, as our experience in scripting and creating addons for the engine still is a benefit for the Torque community, and I'll get to that part later on.

The current main job for Phantom Games Development now, is going to be the development and implementation of our first Game Engine, Galactic 2D. This engine will be a small and light game engine with focused emphasis on providing the absolute barebones to constructing a game with a cross-platform supported game engine. To demonstrate this technology, I am going to be developing a Top-Down 2D Shooter called Beam-Space which will feature 64 player multiplayer, without revealing too much about our first "commercial game project", you're basically taking on either the side of the Anti-Virus or the Virus in a virtual world where the two teams are fighting for control. There will be numerous different game modes and full mod support for this game, alas, more details will come later on.

Now, as for Torque and GarageGames, I have shifted my role to a contracted free-lance, basically, I'll do paid short-term project work and paid/unpaid project implementation consulting to help you implement project based solutions for anyone who is interested. The restrictions on this follow:

• I won't work as a "listed" programmer, this is simply a per-solution basis. (IE: If you need a new class implemented in your engine, I'll work to the best of my abilities to bring you a working implement, I won't however sign on to-do the programming work for a majority of your project)
  • The solution must be a non-complex implementation or a feature that is common to games (Don't ask me to write you an AI that does 'x', 'y', and 'z'), this basically means if you need me to add feature 'x' and it is a short-work feature, I'll be glad to help.
  • I will not work on any project with packs or implements that I do not own myself, effectively, the only pack related stuff I'll install is our PGD Packs, and if you own the GarageGames Alien/Zombie packs, I will do project based implements for those.
  • My work may include installing engine resources, however it must be a non-outdated solution, and obviously the code must be present.
  • All work "orders" must be sent by Email or PM here and it must include a Detailed list of what is needed.

If you are interested, shoot me an email with a list of your job needs. I will not give you a "price" for anything, as my policy is to leave that to you for decision purposes, I will only work if I personally think this is a "fair" price for my work. Essentially, I will not reply back if the needs are too great, it doesn't fit my work description above, or I feel you have went too low, or if I'm just too damn busy at the time (lol), but I will at least try to respond to all of the emails I get.

And the last "announcement" regarding anything Torque related comes in the form of Micro-Packs. I had a ton of success with AFPSK's A-La-Carte idea, so I will compile together a few small micro-packs ($5 - $15) including highly requested and quick to implement engine features such as Projectile Types, and also, I will be breaking off the master server piece of MAP and selling it as a separate $5 entity). So, now that we've closed that chapter of our story, the next one can begin. See you next time!

Support Times: M-F 10:30AM - 5:00PM (Central US Time), Offline Sat & Sun
Follow Me on Twitter
~~~~