Phantom Games Development

The Official Forums of Phantom Games Development
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: PGD News: Feb. 2015
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello everyone, It's been quite a while since the last "news" update from me, there isn't too much going on around here due to my work schedule and upcoming graduate school however there is just enough going on to warrant a bit of a new update, so I'll fill you in with the details now.

Torque
On the Torque side of PGD, the progress on what looks to be my final entry to the engine is slowly approaching the final phases of work. The Ultimate Guide is moving along very nicely with the completion of the core C++ chapters now done and in the books, literally. I'm moving onto the final segments of the guide itself which covers topics such as adding new functions and custom object classes to the engine. It's been a long but exciting ride to get to write about something I enjoyed doing for the past 10 years, and I couldn't imagine a better way to complete my journey with the engine than a reflection back on those fun, challenging, and experience filled years. That in mind, I'm shooting for a mid to late March release of the final version of the guide.

Galactic 2D
Once that's done, I'm going to put all of my efforts into a full time work on my Galactic 2D engine project, shooting to finish up a RC1 release by Mid to Late August right before I head off to Graduate School. Since the engine itself is very small in terms of module size (but a pain in work load), I can't imagine Beam-Space taking more than 2 - 3 months to complete once I finish the engine. For time time being, I'm cutting out the cross platform component and doing a Windows only thing just to get the engine to a workable state, I'll come back to finish up the other platforms as part of the RC2 version of the engine.

PPS 3.0
So as many of you caught back in December, I published a big site update that contained a new form to buy our T3D products and download them from one single location. It was a great idea and I got a ton of compliments from it, but however I have recently found that it's actually got some very annoying issues on it too, especially for people using Internet Explorer. I'll be devoting a few days this week to hunting down and exterminating those annoying bugs to help everyone get their downloads working.

Also, for the time being, I've heard that people are getting corrupted downloads. If you're getting this issue, try extracting the zip file in WinRAR or 7-Zip, if that doesn't work, shoot me an email and I'll send you the packs directly.

So for a quick recap, if you're experiencing download issues, try the following:
  • Access your downloads through Chrome or Firefox
  • Use WinRAR / 7-Zip to open our .zip files/

Next Site Update
Also, coming up on the list of to-do's is our next Website update which will land by mid-March, probably around the time UGT3D's full version releases. I'm going to upgrade the existing page system on the website and strip out some redundant components, this should hopefully improve loading times on our pages and free up some space too. I'm also planning on doing another product purchasing system update at this time.

It's been pretty hush-hush around PGD here, but we've had a few incidents now from people trying to take advantage of us around the time of our renewals when we've tried to pull support from our community. I don't want to get into the details, but lets just say I've had enough. Therefore, I'm implementing a new security system on our product purchasing pages where you will be required to have a linked account with PGD and your PP Email and we'll be doing a Three-Strikes and you're out notion, where repeated offenders will be banned permanently from accessing and purchasing products from us, so you individuals out there (and you know who you are), heed this warning well because we will not tolerate fraudulent purchases or behavior.

A View of The Lighter Side
Finally, I want to conclude this news update with a little bit of lighter (eviler) news. For those of you who joined up in the old days of TWM2, you'll remember one particular name.. Lord Vardison. Let's just say if you have the opportunity, you may want to poke into the TWM2 main server again, because he's had a complete overhaul and is now much more "fun" to fight. But be cautious because he's got some new tricks up his sleeves too..

Until next time!

Support Times: M-F 10:30AM - 5:00PM (Central US Time), Offline Sat & Sun
Follow Me on Twitter
~~~~